Monday, October 11, 2010

The best trigger pull action

It’s hunting season in NC and the smell of gunpowder fills the air, reminding all Americans to support our 2nd Ammendment right to bear arms:


We all have the right to bear arms

Janet loves her Ruger .357 GP100, a lovely gun for the gracious lady, feminine but not pretentious.

Best of all, it's extremely well-balanced with a trigger pull of about 3 pounds and feels as smooth as snot on glass:


The pull on the Ruger .357 Magnum GP100 is smooth as snot on glass

I wanted a rifle, but I wanted a versatile gun with these characteristics:

- Switch to cheap ammo: I'm cheap, and .223 caliber ammo runs 60 cents each for long range kills but you can get a .22 conversion kit (for about $230) allowing you to shoot six cent bullets!

- Fast switch between manual sight and scope: The AR15 has a great manual sight up top 200 yards with special sight clips to change sights from manual sight to a high-powered scope without loss of zero.

I would feel like an idiot using a scope to shoot a rat at 100 yards.

The best rifle to fit my needs is a Colt AR-15 heavy barrel match target rifle, allowing you to kill a home intruder at up to a third of a mile away.


My AR15 with a .22 ammo clip

Unfortunately, I found the AR15 trigger to be a hard jerky pull (4 pounds), gritty and spreading my patterns.

See my notes here on the choosing the best low caliber target rifle for you.