Thursday, March 10, 2011

Freudian slip examples

A Freudian slip was first described in Sigmund Freud’s 1901 book “The Psychopathology of Everyday Life”.

It’s a truly boring book, BTW . . .

A Freudian slip is a verbal mistake that is reflects unconscious issues, like repressed memories or trauma. Here are some examples:



Freud believed that there is no such thing as an “accident” and slips directly reflected deeply repressed issues, emotions buried deep in the subconscious mind.

Bushism’s are great examples of Freudian slips:



President Bush reportedly said in a speech he was giving to a group of teachers “I'd like to spank all teachers.” We guess that he wanted to say “thank” all the teachers


Freudian Slips

I like this old Freudian slip joke:

"I accidentally said to my wife, 'I hate you. You have ruined my life and I want a divorce!' Of course, what I meant was, 'Pass the salt, dear.'"


.