Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Famous "Laugh In" quotes

The old TV show "Laugh In" had many famous quotes, unknown to today's generation.

The old 1960’ TV show “Rowan and Martin’s Laugh In” was a revolution of it’s time, the hip generations answer to vaudeville.



“Laugh In” was a pun on the “Sit In”, a protest event where smelly hairy hippies squatted in public places and smoked pot, just to annoy people.


A dirty Hippie "Sit in" protest

Today, the Laugh In quotes are only known to my generation and they are met with quizzical stares by younger people.

“You bet your sweet bippy”

“Sock it to me”

“Look THAT up in your Funk and Wagnall's.”

“One ringy-dingy. Two ringy-dingies.”



Sock it to me?

I remember the legendary Laugh In episode when President Nixon said “Sock it to me” on Laugh In: