I have published before about the outrageous abuse of the NC food stamp program, and now are funally seeing some arrests!
Several Henderson North Carolina convenience store owners (named Muhammad and Abdo, according to the news report) have been raided by police, Referal agents and the FBI, investigating a plot relating to food stamp fraud and stolen cigarettes sales.
The Henderson convenience stores that were raided include:
- Brothers Food Mart on William Street
- Dabney Pit Stop on Dabney Drive
- College Station on U.S. 158 Bypass
- Poplar Creek Road and M-S A&A at West Andrews Avenue and North Chestnut Street
The news here says that several have been arrested and charged after the search warrants were executed. They also found something called "Khat" a controlled substance:
"Mohamed Mohamed Nagi, 33, and Abdullah Ahmed Almuwallad, 32, made first appearances Friday in federal court.
Nagi has been charged with the unlawful acquisition, possession and transfer of food stamps.
Almuwallad has been charged with possession of the illegal stimulant cathinone, more commonly known as khat, and transporting stolen cigarettes."
Muslims protesting American freedom
"Henderson at home" provides unverified gossip about the store owners: (WARNING: unverified claims):
- "The owner of business being FBI investigated, also operates the Henderson Furniture Outlet on Garnett St in downtown Henderson"
- "Saleh has a mosque behind the furniture store on Garnett–near the Chamber of Commerce"
- "there is a madrasah run in the mosque too…"
This conversation gives both pros and cons, and this poster "Khalid from Yenen" notes:
- "[The Henderson Police Department] (HPD) are a bunch of fake cops weet weet flash those flashlights. Had a chopper over henderson why? . . . To my Yemenis, everyone makes mistakes… Hasbunallah Wani ‘mal Wakil
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله (lā ʾilāha ʾillallāh, Muḥammad rasūlu-llāh)"
- "I believe in deen al islam , and thats all that really matter. What you or any other person says doesnt even matter. Maybe the fbi came out because they needed new batteries for their flashlights. LMAO THEY CAME OUT HERE FOUND NOTHING AND NOW LOOK STUPID"
A Pakistani convenience store
Another Al Quada North Carolina connection?
Let’s hope that this is not going to be like the terrorist funding incident in North Carolina, relating to North Carolina cigarettes that were re-sold used to fund terrorism.
“Mohamad Hammoud was convicted in June 2002 on federal charges of materially supporting terrorism. His brother, Chawki, was convicted on related charges, and eight others pled guilty in this case.
These conspirators bought cigarettes in North Carolina, which then had a 5-cent-per-pack tax, affixed phony tax stamps, and then sold them in 75-cent Michigan. Over four years, this 70-cent tax spread yielded a $1.5 million profit, part of which this gang forwarded to Hezbollah, along with laptops, night-vision goggles, stun guns, blasting equipment, and more.
These conspirators bought cigarettes in North Carolina, which then had a 5-cent-per-pack tax, affixed phony tax stamps, and then sold them in 75-cent Michigan.
Over four years, this 70-cent tax spread yielded a $1.5 million profit, part of which this gang forwarded to Hezbollah, along with laptops, night-vision goggles, stun guns, blasting equipment, and more.”
Here is the news report of the FBI raid on the stores:
Henderson arrests for stolen food stamps