Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Pandemic of pan flute bands!

If you recall my posting on fake Indian pan flute bands invading Europe, it appears that the “Pan”demic has spread to America.

Last night South Park (a great source of current events), noted that there is an American invasion of fake Peruvian pan flute bands.



So, who are these people, bold enough to annoy the entire western world? Upon closer inspection, it’s clear that they are not Native Americans:



It appears that it’s a concerted effort, and the “actors” will portray whatever culture is the most likely to get them tips. Could they really be Peruvians, dressed-up like North American Indians?

Take a closer look.


Here is a shot I took in Ireland a few weeks ago:



It’s really hard to tell who these people are, especially if they are truly South Americans posing as Indians. I’m reminded of the genetic diversity of my Peruvian friends, and I even got this picture from one of their T-shirts:



The pan flute music amplified to 400 decibels is beyond annoying and you can hear it for half a mile away. It's like Zamfir on a bad acid trip:



It’s clear that I’m not the only one who is annoyed by this pan flute band invasion and it remains to be seen what can be done to stop them . . . .

See my full notes here on the pan flute band invasion of America. . . .