Saturday, May 01, 2010

How to frame military medals

I come from a culture that respects our ancestors and I just completed documenting the steps on how to frame military medals.

With proper framing, you can create a family heirloom that will last for many successive generations, or at least until one of your descendants sells the medals for drug money.

One nice feature of framed military medals is that the military awards badges that show the history of the ancestor, colorful hieroglyphs that what show all "been there, done that" as well as awards for bravery and valor.


A sample military unit patch

When framing military medals, always use an online "ribbon builder" to sequence the medals into their proper order:


An online ribbon builder will sequence the awards

Here are the military medals I framed for my father, using a walnut frame and non UV glass:





For complete steps and details on displaying military medals, see my notes on how to frame military medals.