Thursday, February 04, 2010

Complete list of U. S. Army Air Force Wings

Back before the U. S. Air Force was created in 1947, The United State Army Air Corp made wings for almost every occupation relating to aviation. Today’s air force only has wings for “real flyers like pilots and astronauts, but back in WWII there were many types of wings.

Sexist Wings!

The funniest is that women pilots had special WASP pilot wings, as-if you needed this distinction to see that the pilot was female! Here are regular USAAF pilot wings, for men only:



If you were female, you wore these wings:



I have compiled a list of U. S. Army Air Corp wings, and I was amazed at the number of different wings.


The different wings issied by the United States Army Air Corp

If my list is incomplete, please e-mail me so that I can update it!